We're looking for an exceptionally talented individual who's targeting a career within Investment Risk Management. Lord Abbett's Investment Risk team works closely with all of our investment professionals across all strategies and asset classes. Our 10-week Risk Summer Associate Program is designed to provide a hands-on experience and to contribute to a variety of the Risk team's functions, including research and development of risk methodologies, conducting quantitative investigations and providing ongoing support to risk managers. At the conclusion of the program, the opportunity exists to receive an offer for full time employment upon graduation.
- Lead meaningful, summer-long investment risk projects to be mutually developed between the candidate and the firm's Chief Investment Risk Officer
- Provide support to risk managers, including monitoring of investment risk and market risk measures, across portfolios and asset classes
- Support daily risk processes, including active risk management as well as limits monitoring and related escalation procedures
- Incorporate the outcomes of successful research to develop methodologies for risk management, and improve existing ones
- Master's degree candidates in quantitative field (graduation in either December/Winter 2019 or May/Spring 2020)
- Familiarity with financial instruments and risk metrics (including risk exposures, duration, beta, volatility)
- Experience using statistical tools (eg. Stata or Matlab)
- Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines
Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship (now or in the future). Please note that the start date for this program will be in Summer 2019.