Lord Abbett is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to support its Legal department. Successful candidates will need the ability to handle confidential matters with the highest level of professionalism and discretion, strong attention to detail and a friendly gregarious demeanor. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, and will be resourceful in building relationships across the firm.
• Provide full administrative support for the Partner, General Counsel (i.e.: manage department vacation calendar, quarterly vacation reports, travel arrangements, and invoice review).
• Frequent interaction with the Board of Directors, Partners and Senior Management.
• Coordinate logistics and schedule prep meetings for Board meetings and events.
• Process expense reports for the Partner, General Counsel.
• Schedule meetings for the Partner, General Counsel and team members.
• Handle all logistical planning for new members of the Legal Department.
• Share oversight responsibility for supervision of Department administrative assistants (i.e.: coordinate phone coverage and days off).
• Helping to develop and maintain Department administrative policies and procedures.
• Coordinate Department events.
• Assist Legal Department attorneys and paralegals as necessary.
• A minimum of 5 years experience providing administrative support to very senior level executives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• A team player who is also a self-starter.
• “Can do” positive attitude.
• Able to handle multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
• Professional, upbeat demeanor.
• Superior organizational skills.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Able to build and cultivate relationships with other departments.
• Some paralegal experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Founded in 1929, Lord Abbett is a leading asset manager with approximately $160 billion in assets under management. We share a passion for excellence in serving our diverse range of clients – individuals, advisors, and institutions across the globe who rely on us to deliver innovative investment solutions that help them secure stronger financial futures. We are looking for candidates who value trust, intellectual curiosity, and teamwork as much as we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our firm. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.