About Lord Abbett:
Founded in 1929, Lord Abbett is an independent firm with a singular focus on the management of money. Over the course of our history, we’ve earned a sterling reputation for our leadership, influence, and innovation in the asset management industry. Today, our independent perspective, our commitment to active management, and our intelligent product design continue to make us relevant to individual and institutional investors.
From the very beginning, we’ve recognized that our people are our greatest asset. As an investment-led, investor-focused firm, we value intellectual curiosity, teamwork, and collaboration across the organization.
We’re looking for people with a keen interest in working for a trusted leader in the asset management industry, a desire to expand their knowledge, and a passion for delivering a client experience that exceeds expectations.
Now that you know our history, are you ready to be part of our future?
The Product Strategy team is responsible for ensuring that Lord Abbett delivers high quality products to investors in each market we serve. Through close collaboration with groups across Investments, Clients Services, and Core Services, Product Strategy seeks to develop best-in-class products and effectively manage those products over time.
The Analyst, Product Strategy, will conduct rigorous market and product research, as well as manage various day-to-day projects associated with the firm’s Product Strategy efforts. By augmenting and elevating our product management capabilities, the Analyst will play a key role in ensuring that the organization continues to develop and deliver innovative investment strategies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Identify, synthesize and present industry trends (assets/flows, new product launches, etc.)
• Quantify product opportunities across markets
• Conduct research on competitive positioning, including fee structures
• Maintain internal metrics packages and reports
• Manage projects e.g. coordinate new product launches, annual 15(c) process, etc.
• Respond to product-related inquiries from internal stakeholders
• 3-7 years of experience in asset management
• Ideal experience: product strategy, product development, asset management consulting, mutual fund evaluation/allocation, or technical marketing role
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Superior organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently on tight deadlines
• Working knowledge of capital markets and modern portfolio theory
• CFA or on track to finish CFA a plus, but not required
• Familiarity with industry databases such as Morningstar Direct, Simund, eVestment, FactSet, and Bloomberg a plus, but not requited
Personal Characteristics Required:
• Intellectual curiosity
• Adept at critical thinking and problem solving
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Lord Abbett is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. All employment decisions at Lord Abbett are based solely on the applicant’s relevant experience, skills and qualifications.