About Lord Abbett:
Founded in 1929, Lord Abbett is an independent firm with a singular focus on the management of money. Over the course of our history, we’ve earned a sterling reputation for our leadership, influence, and innovation in the asset management industry. Today, our independent perspective, our commitment to active management, and our intelligent product design continue to make us relevant to individual and institutional investors.
From the very beginning, we’ve recognized that our people are our greatest asset. As an investment-led, investor-focused firm, we value intellectual curiosity, teamwork, and collaboration across the organization.
We’re looking for people with a keen interest in working for a trusted leader in the asset management industry, a desire to expand their knowledge, and a passion for delivering a client experience that exceeds expectations.
Now that you know our history, are you ready to be part of our future?
We are seeking a junior to mid-level employee relations specialist to be a part of the human resource team. The ideal candidate will have experience as a human resource generalist, with an emphasis on employee relations matters. Key responsibilities will be:
· Provide counsel to employees and managers addressing employee issues, conducting investigations and making recommendations on appropriate actions and resolution
· Ensure all employees are treated fairly and equitably and create policies and best practices to support an engaging and rewarding environment
· Responsible for updating and maintaining the employee handbook
· Oversee the annual engagement survey, from execution to analyzing and responding to employee feedback and developing an action plan
· Work with managers to address concerns raised in performance reviews and ensure action plans are created and implemented
· Create a case tracking mechanism to uncover trends in employee relations cases to recommend necessary training and coaching opportunities
· Work closely with outside employment counsel
· Mediating issues between managers and employees
· Providing manager and employee training of key ER issues
· Engage in the firm's diversity and inclusion initiatives
The position requires a candidate with the following competencies and attributes:
· Excellent academic background
· A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience as a human resources professional, preferably in a financial services firm
· Experience handling employee relations issues, as well as performance issues and creating performance improvement plans
· Exposure to employee engagement surveys
· Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations
· Experience leveraging data, ER metrics and external benchmarking to proactively partner with business leaders to address employee
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Conflict resolution skills
· Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities, and prioritize work in a deadline-intensive environment
· Attention to detail
Abbett is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. All employment decisions at Lord Abbett are based solely on the applicant’s relevant experience, skills and qualifications.