About Lord Abbett:
Founded in 1929, Lord Abbett is an independent firm with a singular focus on the management of money. Over the course of our history, we’ve earned a sterling reputation for our leadership, influence, and innovation in the asset management industry. Today, our independent perspective, our commitment to active management, and our intelligent product design continue to make us relevant to individual and institutional investors.
From the very beginning, we’ve recognized that our people are our greatest asset. As an investment-led, investor-focused firm, we value intellectual curiosity, teamwork, and collaboration across the organization.
We’re looking for people with a keen interest in working for a trusted leader in the asset management industry, a desire to expand their knowledge, and a passion for delivering a client experience that exceeds expectations.
Now that you know our history, are you ready to be a part of our future?
You will support fixed income asset classes including Corporate, MBS, Treasury, and International/Emerging Markets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Input, confirm and settle OTC Derivative products such as Interest rate swaps, CDS, listed derivatives and FX Forwards in various production systems
• Monitor daily margin calls and soft segregation requirements for mutual funds and sub-advised accounts
• Track and report leverage to Compliance, Legal and Front Office
• Communicate trade activity to custodians
• Perform daily Derivative trade reconciliation
• Partner with front office, management and legal on compliance requirements
• Liaise with multiple units in operations and technology on projects
• Minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience in a trade support /settlements role at an asset management or custodian bank environment
• Solid knowledge of the Derivative Trade lifecycle
• Ability to support fixed income securities with an emphasis on Government , Corporate and Emerging Market debt.
• Experience with Bloomberg Trading System and Omgeo products
• Bachelor’s degree required
Personal Characteristics Required:
• Demonstrate willingness to learn
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Team player
Lord Abbett is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. All employment decisions at Lord Abbett are based solely on the applicant’s relevant experience, skills and qualifications.