About Lord Abbett:
Founded in 1929, Lord Abbett is an independent firm with a singular focus on the management of money. Over the course of our history, we’ve earned a sterling reputation for our leadership, influence, and innovation in the asset management industry. Today, our independent perspective, our commitment to active management, and our intelligent product design continue to make us relevant to individual and institutional investors.
From the very beginning, we’ve recognized that our people are our greatest asset. As an investment-led, investor-focused firm, we value intellectual curiosity, teamwork, and collaboration across the organization.
We’re looking for people with a keen interest in working for a trusted leader in the asset management industry, a desire to expand their knowledge, and a passion for delivering a client experience that exceeds expectations.
Now that you know our history, are you ready to be a part of our future?
Lord Abbett is seeking a Software Engineer Lead who will help drive the evolution of the digital marketing technology web landscape and rolling out future innovative features. Lord Abbett is interested in candidates with full stack development experience and conversant with agile methodologies. This position will be responsible for the delivery of a distributed team across geographies and as such the ideal candidate will be providing guidance to a breadth of engineers with varied skillsets (front end development, CMS, service integration, data analytics).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain highest levels of development practices including design, solution, development, configuration, test execution, issues resolution
• Work closely with business stakeholders to identify strategic initiatives
• Modernize development practices to adopt cloud native development practices
• Build technology roadmap for the web channels
• Train the team in agile methodology
• Help recruit strong technical talent
• 10+ years work experience
• Full Stack development with focus on web front end technologies
• Hands on experience working on CMS platforms
• Experience with digital marketing technologies and landscape
o A/B and multivariate testing
o System integration
o Digital Analytics
o Landing page optimization
o Cross platform content sharing
o Operationalization of digital marketing practices
• Java J2EE background with working knowledge of Spring framework
• Working knowledge of BDD/TDD (concepts and hands on)
• Architecture concepts or portfolio management, tool selection
• AWS deployment of cloud native applications (12 factor app)
• Adobe Experience Manager or similar CMS experience
• Financial Services experience
Personal Characteristics Required:
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• A team player who thrives in a self-directed environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with business users
Lord Abbett is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. All employment decisions at Lord Abbett are based solely on the applicant’s relevant experience, skills and qualifications.